WARNING:

This is not a paper I would turn into grad school that was proofread, spell checked, and cared about but never or barely read. This is a blog that people will actually read but not grade. I write like I think and talk, which is not organized or correct in many ways. I was diagnosed with chronic sarcasm as a child, its genetic.

The views expressed on this website are entirely my own and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thinking about preparing- 46 days!

HELLO!!!

My Peace Corps has already been eventful, and I haven't even left the country, haven't even gone to staging. shooooot- haven't even received my staging materials! The process of applying was a bit below awesome for me, but I made it! After many doctor appointments, letters, phone calls, more appointments and essays, tears, rejection, and finally approval, I am heading to the Republic of South Africa Jan 26. Of course staging if first, Jan 24- but they like to keep the inside scoop about that until a couple weeks before I leave.

I leave for DC (or Philly/NY/Nebraska) in 46 days! So I think it is time to start thinking about preparing to leave. I have been called a hoarder and pack rat (Hi, my name is Sami and I keep everything) so this whole leaving thing will be a challenge. My parents are awesome, so all my stuff is at their home, but along with being a pack rat (although I like to think of it as a person who respectfully keeps things ppl get me) I am messy, so I need to get rid of a lot and clean. It will not be pretty.

I am hoping my friends and family, and maybe Anderson Cooper, will be able to follow my blog and comment so I can feel a bit connected.

WARNING:

  • I do not plan to write well as I plan to write like I do in my journal. Sometimes it may be semi-organized, but I am sure most times it will be a stream of thoughts that may or may not tie together. I will try not to cuss too much, but lets me real, its me. Actually, I believe there will be a link on the USF website so maybe I will proofread and not say 'shit' or my favorite F bomb too much. If this becomes a problem I will make a new blog for our administration friends and the wonderful USF that will be all rainbows and butterflies. 
  • I am a horrible speller
  • These views do not reflect the Peace Corps, they are also all butterflies and rainbows.
  • I am sarcastic, its how I deal. 
That is all for my first post. Holler at ya girl!
Peace 
Sami

4 comments:

  1. oh shit. I think we have a Oprah's book club hit. I'll be your publicist

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great. who is this?! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already put this blog in my favorites! So saaaaaad that I missed you when you were in Tampa. (ps. extra "a"s, mean extra sad.)- Laura M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, im glad you like it...and i was also veeeeeeeeeery saaaaaaaaaad! but we will keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete